This ultimate vegan chocolate sauce is what you want. It tastes great on bananas, berries, sliced apples, and of course, ice cream!
There is almost no prep time. It takes about 5-10 minutes on the stovetop. With my quick and easy recipe, there is no need to buy chocolate sauce from the supermarket.
There are lots of great chocolate brands that produce vegan dark chocolate. A few of my favorites are Theo’s, Green & Blacks, and Whole Foods Dark Chocolate Baking Chunks. Although I have chosen to use plant-based milk, you can use regular dairy whole milk.
Now onto the recipe, Vegan Chocolate Sauce.
Vegan Chocolate Sauce
- 1/4 cup Cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup Granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Oat milk or any plant-based milk
- 1/4 cup Dark chocolate (vegan) Chopped
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 pinch Salt
- Add cocoa powder and sugar to a small pot over medium-high heat and whisk to remove any lumps.
- Add oat milk and salt and whisk again.
- Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer for 30 seconds while stirring.
- Remove from the heat and allow the sauce to cool.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a microwave-safe dish at 30-second intervals. It only took my chocolate 1 minute to melt.
- Add the melted chocolate to the finished chocolate sauce. Stir to combine.
- Once cooled add the vanilla extract and stir.
- Store any leftover chocolate sauce in an airtight jar in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
-The chocolate sauce will thicken a bit over time as it cools.
-You can add 1/4 tsp of cinnamon and 1/8 tsp of cayenne to make a variation on Mexican chocolate.
This chocolate sauce is an easy way to jazz up any bowl of ice cream or plate of fruit. It only takes about 10 minutes total! If you’re looking for a quick dessert to pair with this sauce, check out my recipe for Fried Banana Split. Yummmm!
Happy cooking, happy eating! 😊