A fried banana split was a great way to cap off what felt like a very long day. And yes, I said a fried banana split, not just banana split. Top it off with vanilla ice cream, homemade chocolate sauce, and fresh berries.
Caramelizing the bananas first adds a pretty golden brown color and a nice crunch to the outside of the soft, sweet bananas. It also helps adds another layer of slightly nutty flavor.
This banana split is SO easy to put together that even someone who never makes desserts can pull this one off successfully. There are only a handful of ingredients. It only takes a few minutes to put together. Now let’s get to it!
Fried Banana Split
- 2 Bananas Peeled, sliced lengthwise
- 2 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp Granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Blackberries
- 1/2 cup Cherries
- 4 scoops Ice cream
- Chocolate sauce
- Peel and slice bananas lengthwise.
- Add the butter to a frying pan over medium heat.
- While the butter is melting sprinkle some of the sugar over the cut side of each banana and place the bananas sugar side down in the buttered frying pan.
- Sprinkle the remainder of the sugar on the side of the bananas facing up (curved side). Allow the bananas to cook for about five minutes or until they are a medium golden brown color. Then flip and allow to cook for another three minutes.
- Remove the bananas from the pan to a plate or large bowl. Add two scoops of ice cream to each bowl along with the blackberries and cherries or whatever fruit you have chosen. Drizzle the chocolate sauce on top.
-You can make this fried banana split vegan by using plant-based ice cream. My favorite vegan vanilla ice cream is by NadaMoo. It is the BEST non-dairy vanilla I have ever tasted.
-Some additional banana split toppings are whipped cream, caramel sauce, and nuts.
Finish this banana split with my easy to make Vegan Chocolate Sauce! Every banana split should have a chocolate sauce. Also, check out another of my easy chocolate desserts/snacks – Dark Chocolate Fruit Bark.
Happy cooking, happy eating! 😊